LOVE OVER FEAR
Welcome to the Love Over Fear Campaign!
Our social media and social connection campaign exist to help others in our churches, community and cities by bringing encouragement, hope and practical help in the midst of a time of crisis. While we believe that in the midst of physical distancing, we actually need more social connection. This campaign is rooted in 1 John 4:18 “…love casts out fear” and Jeremiah 29:7 “…seek the welfare of the city where I have sent… for in its welfare you will find your welfare.” This is a time to mobilize as the Church and impact our community and city.
What we are asking of you:
Social media posting and digital communication:
1. Use the graphics provided on all of your social media platforms (Change you cover photo, use it on your story etc.) Use these hashtags: #LoveOverFear #LoveYourCityBC
2. The social card is your way to practically help others in your circle of influence. We encourage you to post it, message it to people, spread it around and follow up on people who need something. We’ve given you four practical ideas but feel free to help in any way you can.
3. Promote Sonrise Church Online Wednesday 730am, Friday 730am and Sunday at 10am
Neighbourhood Drop Cards:
Our neighbourhood drop cards are free for you to distribute in your community. They will be available at the Church office or our team will drop them off at your home. Use these cards to promote practical help and social connection. Deliver them as a family and have fun doing it!
Here are some suggestions for you to fill in their own list:
- A walk with you or walk your pet
- Deliver a dozen fresh baked cookies
- Mow your lawn
- Take out your bins on garbage day
- Get your mail or post something for you
- Take your kids to the park for an hour
Follow the recommendations below in all your interacts
- Keep physical distance. Even though you may not be sick, we should keep about two meters (six feet) from one another when outside our homes – – drop things off at the door, don’t hug or shake hands etc.
- Follow proper hand washing techniques frequently
- Only drop off a meal or food if it is wanted
- If you are showing any symptoms of sickness, stay home
- Keep your hands at your side when possible
- Cough into your elbow or sleeve
- Keep yourself updated on releases from BC Government and BC Centre for Disease Control.
Pastor Chris & Sherri together with the Sonrise Team